Tuesday, July 26, 2011

LOVERBOY NEWS!

RENO TALKS WEIGHT LOSS, LOVERBOY REVIVAL IN ROLLING STONE:
From 30 Rock to Fox and Friends and Rolling Stone, Loverboy continue �Working for the Weekend� 30 years after first getting together in Calgary, Alberta, when vocalist Mike Reno was introduced to local guitar hot shot Paul Dean, both veterans of several bands on the local scene.
With a full-scale revival in tow, Loverboy frontman Mike Reno told Rolling Stone in a recent interview that he has dropped close to 50 pounds over the past six months, almost bringing him down to the fighting weight he exhibited in the original �Working for the Weekend� video.
�I got tired of complaining about my knees being sore,� he said after a doctor put him on a strict diet and exercise regimen that included fruit, vegetables and fish. "I feel lighter on stage. I'm dancing around like the old days. I'm singing better. I'm breathing better. It's just a night and day difference. I did it rather quickly over the winter, so it's funny to see the jaws drop on our longtime fans in the first few rows when I walk onstage."
The weight loss coincides with the group's return to Bryan Adams' Vancouver studio to cut �Heartbreaker,� a brand-new single, with producer Bob Rock�the engineer on their debut album who went on to work with the likes of Metallica�which is now available on the band's website.
"Something's in the water," says Reno. "I go to these concerts expecting there to be 3,000 people, and there's seven or eight thousand people! And most of them are young! Even kiddies, like 10 years old. They even know all the words. It's freaking me out.�
To read the Rolling Stone article in its entirety, go to:
www.rollingstone.com/music/news/loverboys-mike-reno-sheds-50-pounds-plots-comeback-20110722.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger