Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One-Liners Today!



Axl talks jury duty plus latest from Alice in Chains, Foo Fighters, Riot, Zakk Wylde, NIN, Journey, Bulletboys, Kate Bush


Axl Rose has said he enjoyed his experience of jury duty. The Guns n’Roses frontman spent four days following a trial and found it “relatively painless.” He reports: “I was fortunate that everyone in the courthouse and jurors were all really great. Plus I got to see daylight from a different prospect.” It’s assumed he managed to turn up in time each day.

Jerry Cantrell’s health problems are behind delays to the new Alice in Chains album, their second with singer William DuVall after their triumphant 2009 comeback Black Gives Way to Blue. The guitarist says: “I had shoulder surgery. I had to get some bone spurs and torn cartilage taken care of, so that put me back a little. But we’ve been writing through the whole process.” The new record is due in the second half of the year. (Rolling Stone)

Dave Grohl says the music industry wouldn’t be in so much trouble if record labels insisted on releasing albums as good as pop singer Adele’s current record. The Foos frontman explains: “Everyone’s so shocked that it’s such a phenomenon. I’m not. You know what that record’s huge? Because it’s fucking good and it’s real. Now imagine if all records were that good. Do you think only one of them would sell? Fuck no – all of them would. The music business would be on fire.” (Billboard)

Riot‘s reunion shows may take place without Mark Reale after the guitarist was forced back into hospital with Crohn’s disease, which he’s been fighting for most of his life. The band say: “We ask fans and friends to pray for Mark’s speedy recovery and to support us in our efforts to bring you the Riot reunion shows that have been so long in the making. Your good wishes will make it to his bedside until he is able to return to the stage.”

Zakk Wylde says his dad’s retirement and subsequent boredom taught him the importance of having something to get out of bed for in the morning. The Black Label Society mainman recalls: “When my dad retired from General Motors, that was the worst thing that ever happened to him. He was lost. Once he got a job up at a gas station, and he was back talking with people again, he had a reason to get up. I’m grateful for everything I have – I don’t need a tragedy to happen to realise how blessed I am.” (AU Review)

Trent Reznor admits he’s playing call-my-bluff with his creative talents over the potential of a new Nine Inch Nails album. He says: “My voice as a songwriter feels like it needs to speak up. I think I have something to say that feels unique to who I am right now. It’s all kind of hypothetical right now – when I sit down with a notebook and a mini-recorder is when my bluff will be calles, and then it might not happen at all.” (NME)

The first wild grey wolf in California for 80 years has been named Journey after the rock band. The animal was tracked by scientists over an 800-mile trip from Oregon until it decided to settle down and is now establishing its own territory. Conservation group Portland Wild ran an online contest to give it a name, and Journey was chosen because the spirit of Don’t Stop Believin’ applies to the wolf’s importance to natural heritage.

The Bulletboys reunion looks to have imploded after their show in Hollywood on December 30. Drummer Jimmy D’Anda has lashed out at frontman Marq Torien, saying: “He wants to continue without the original members so he can maintain control of the name. His contract states the guys and I are on a trial basis for a year, then if he thinks we’re deserving we can buy a portion of the name. That’s unacceptable. Either we’re a band or we’re not.” But Torien replies: “Contrary to what Jimmy says I am more than willing to share everything equally. The original members sold out the group and the name 18 years ago. Despite their sellout, my fair and equal offer remains on the table. I hope to work this out where everybody can be happy.”

The Kate Bush fan who flew to her home from the US with an engagement ring, hoping to marry her, has been deported from the UK. Frank Tufaro, 32, broke into Bush’s home in Devon while she was away, and was arrested after neighbours contacted the police. Detained under the Mental Health Act, Tufaro stated he hadn’t intended to break in, adding: “It was so bitter and cold – I’ve never broken a law in my life but I decided to break a window pane and let myself in so I wouldn’t freeze to death. I was inside for about eight minutes before I realised I had to leave.” The Border Agency says: “A 32-year-old man was removed from the UK to the United States. The incident which led to his arrest is purely a police matter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger