Friday, November 25, 2011

All In The Name Of Rock: Saliva






Have you ever wondered how or why a band comes up with their specific name? Sure you have. What I have found, through many of my interviews with bands, is that there is always a story. I will bring you those stories from all sorts of bands. Some bands you will know and some you won’t. This also will be the perfect opportunity for me to introduce some bands to you that you may not have heard of yet, whose stories are definitely equally as interesting!

Stay tuned here at Rock Confidential for some more interesting stories behind the band names, along with some kick ass interviews! All of the stories I bring you are directly from my own personal interviews with the bands.

I will admit, Saliva is one of those bands I truly have always wondered not only how they came up with their name…but why? Gross. But I will tell you, it was a very interesting anser I got from Josey Scott in our recent interview. I think you will agree. My curiosity is now satisfied.

Band name up this month is SALIVA.

“We wanted to come up with something that was already a household word. I love Nirvana, love the name Nirvana and I love their music. I just adored Kurt Cobain. It needed to be a good three syllable kick ass word like Nirvana or something like that and it has to already be a household word like, you know, something that’s cool like, I don’t know, Vaseline or something like that. And we made up a couple of other stupid rules like, you couldn’t have sex without it, it had to piss off the parents, you know stuff like that. So I was like, what about Saliva? And everybody was like…ewwww what?? I was like, what about Saliva? Just think about it. Everybody knows what Saliva is. It’s spit! And I was like, technically you can’t have sex without it because its natures lubricant. What a crazy 26 year old kid I must have been, and still am. I am 38 years old now but I am still that 18 year old kid that came up with crazy stuff. So, it just kind of stuck. It was just gross enough to be cool and strange enough to be remembered.” ~ Josey Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger