Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Steven Tyler Says He Was Sober During Recent Shower Accident





October 27, 2011

Steven Tyler Says He Was Sober During Recent Shower Accident Matt Lauer spoke with Steven Tyler on Thursday's "Today" show, asking what many have been thinking: was the Aerosmith singer's face-busting tumble in a Paraguay hotel room a fall in the shower or a fall off the wagon?

"Being in the program, it's something we have to expect. I went public with my problems only to address them head on," he told Lauer by phone from Argentina. "You know, people thinking that is natural and normal."

But, Tyler noted, the fact that he was speaking with Lauer is proof enough that he's got his substance abuse problems under control.

"We flew last night from Paraguay after that incident and we're in Argentina for two hours," he said. "And anyone who knows anyone who uses substances wouldn't be up at this hour having a talk with Matt Lauer and the rest of America."

He added that the fact people are assuming he fell off the wagon, "still bothers me a little. It something I have to deal with the rest of my life."

Lauer followed that by asking point blank if Tyler was clean and sober. "No, it's not the issue," he said.

Tyler shared a photo of how he looked immediately after the fall, with his missing teeth and bruised eye.

The 63-year-old singer and "American Idol" judge slipped while showering at the Bourbon Hotel near Asuncion, Paraguay on Tuesday. He reportedly became dizzy due to some gastrointestinal problems and fell, smashing his face and sending him to a local hospital.

The dentist who treated him told local media the singer had to get two dental implants and was "friendly and humble" throughout the entire ordeal.

Tyler's tumble forced Aerosmith to postpone their Tuesday show, but they were back on Wednesday.

"Short of having my legs taken off, people are going to expect me on stage no matter what," Tyler joked. "I went out on stage last night and I wore my sunglasses for the first song. I took them off and the crowd roared. It's all about playing to the people. We rocked out. Not only did I break my face, but we broke a house record, so life is beautiful, Matt."

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com and www.billboard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger