Thursday, April 14, 2011

BRET MICHAELS Announces Super Cruise!

"Can’t Guarantee The Weather, But I Can Guarantee You’ll Have The Time Of Your Life”

Rock Hard

Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 02:28:07 EST

POISON frontman BRET MICHAELS has announced the Bret Michaels Super Cruise, due to launch November 10th - 14th in Cozumel, Mexico. Complete details can be found at the event's official website, found here. Cabins can be booked now at this location.



Michaels: “I’ll be on board the entire time playing two full concerts. I’ll be bartending and most importantly hanging with the fans. Can’t guarantee the weather but I can guarantee you’ll have the time of your life.”

Check out the official facebook page and for Twitter updates.

South Bend Tribune's Tom Conway recently issued the following report:

Less than a year ago, Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital, where doctors discovered the Poison singer had suffered a brain hemorrhage that nearly killed him.

"It was totally life-changing, as you might expect," Michaels says. "The doctors said, 'If you have children, you need to bring them down.' Those are words you never want to hear. It transcends scary. It's really the deepest, most wrenching kind of fear."

"When I got out of the hospital, I feel like a lot of people expected me to sit at home and wait for the sky to fall, and that's not me," he says. "If anything, the experience said to me, 'Life is short and life is fragile, so you better go live it.' ... Rock and roll has been my life. It has truly been my savior. So for me, getting back on tour probably saved me, at least on a mental/spiritual level. If I sat around the house letting the world pass me by, my soul would have deteriorated. There would have been nothing left of me."

Michaels claims an accident at the 2009 Tony Awards show caused the brain hemorrhage. He declined comment on the lawsuit he filed last month against CBS and the show's producers.

"That's for the lawyers right now," he says. "It's pretty complicated and I'm not one to spill my legal life out to the world."

After his solo concert tour, Michaels will reunite with his Poison bandmates this summer for a co-headlining tour with fellow glam metal band MÖTLEY CRÜE. Poison - with more than 25 million albums sold worldwide and such hits as 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn' and 'Nothin' But A Good Time' - is celebrating 25 years in the music business this year. Michaels says it doesn't surprise him that they are still together.

"I think I did imagine a lifelong career with them," he says. "Life is about loyalty to me. You stick together. I'm still amazed by Poison and by what we've done together in our career so far. We turned nothing into something. And we never faked it."

Michaels says the members of Poison - C.C. DeVille, Bobby Dall and Rikki Rockett - don't have any plans to record any new music, but they are releasing a double CD retrospective of their greatest hits, Double Dose Of Poison: Ultimate Hits, next month.

"As far as writing all-new material, I'm not sure when that will happen," Michaels says. "But I'm sure that it will one day. I love writing music and I love those guys as though they're my brothers. When the time is right and the inspiration hits, I'm sure we'll all find ourselves back in the studio together."

Read the full report at this location.



SOLACE OF REQUIEM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger