Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sammy Hagar Still 'Angry' Over Van Halen Split




April 5, 2011


Sammy Hagar Still 'Angry' Over Van Halen Split 





Former Van Halen frontman Sammy Hagar is still confused and "angry" about his departure from the band and he's convinced they could have achieved great things if he had stayed on as singer.

Hagar parted company with the Jump hit-makers in 1996 after 11 years as the group's frontman, claiming he'd been fired after a bust-up with founder/guitarist Eddie Van Halen.

He admits he's still furious over the incident, and he's confused as to why he is no longer with the band, as its work rate has slumped since he left.

Hagar tells Dr. Drew, "I don't really know what (Eddie's) whole problem is... The ending was hurtful... Nobody likes that... I was p**sed off. I let it out the other way. I was angry, and I still carry it with me, like you said. I feel it. I'm going, 'Why did those guys do that?'

"Look, they throw me out of the band and then they haven't done anything since! Eighteen years later (sic). It's like, 'Why did you do that?' We were the biggest band in the world, everything was fantastic, and it's a shame to see that go to waste."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger