Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Iommi swipes at hack over Sabbath reunion story


August 17, 2011



Tony apologises to bandmates after journalist “breaks his trust” to make two-month-old conversation sound like confirmation band are together again

Reunion: Sabbath last got together from 1999 to 2006
Tony Iommi states he has not confirmed any Black Sabbath reunion – and he’s taken a swipe at a journalist who made it sound like he’d made the situation official.
The guitarist has apologised to bandmates Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward after the “absolute nonsense” story exploded round the world.
Yesterday the Birmingham Mail published an article written by 25-year veteran reporter Andy Coleman quoting a conversation he’d had with Iommi in June, although the context made it seem as if it was a more recent talk.
The result made it sound like confirmation the axeman had regrouped with Osbourne, Butler and Ward, as previously reported by MetalTalk.
In a real official statement Iommi says: “I’m saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Black Sabbath reunion.
“At the time I was supporting the Home Of Metal exhibition. I was merely speculating, shooting the breeze on something all of us get asked constantly: ‘Are you getting back together?’
“Thanks to the internet it’s now gone round the world as some sort of ‘official’ statement on my part – absolute nonsense.
“I hope he’s enjoyed his moment of glory. He won’t have another at my expense. To my old pals Ozzy, Geezer and Bill: sorry about this. I should have known better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger