Friday, August 12, 2011

R.I.P. JANI LANE - DEAD AT 47:


Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant has died. The popular singer's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Jani had a long history of addiction, but was always revered for his songwriting talent and his death is yet another body blow to the rock community. He is gone way to early and his fans will long morn his passing. R.I.P Jani.

A number of people have already expressed their disbelief and sadness at Jani's passing. Some are listed here:

Michael Sweet: "My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Jani Lane. Had the pleasure of meeting him on TMS and he was a great guy."

Glenn Hughes: "RIP Janie Lane...another one lost ...GH" and "We must remember that the unlucky ones who lose their life to Alcohol and drugs, are those that could not completely surrender~sad day, GH."

Michael Eden & Eden's Curse: "This is another sad day for our community that continues to lose rock warriors one by one. On behalf of Eden's Curse and myself we express our sincere and deepest sympathy to the entire Oswald family as well as Jani's band members past and present. Jani left his mark on an ever changing business and his family can be proud of knowing he wrote some of the biggest songs in Hard Rock and heavy metal history. These songs speak to us and will never leave us. Jani was a gifted song writer/ performer that had a special talent not often found in today's artists. Tonight as I write this I blast Mr. Rainmaker in hopes that Jani knows we will never forget him or the great songs he leaves behind. RIP!!!"

Dave Reynolds: "I am truly stunned and very, very saddened at this news. I only spoke to Jani a couple of weeks ago after he graciously agreed to be interviewed for a historical piece on Warrant I was writing. He was in a good mood, very candid and we had an excellent hour long conversation about his career that he later e-mailed me to say that he had thoroughly enjoyed. The guy has battled various demons for a long time, but I always found him to be great company in my dealings with him over the last twenty years and feel that he was always extremely underrated as a song writer. I really am truly shocked by this news. Rest In Peace Jani, my friend."

Vic Rivera: "He'll ultimately be remembered as one of the great writers of his genre. R.I.P., man."

Tony Mills: "Great writer, singer and performer, will be sadly missed."

Stephen Pearcy: "Sad to hear today. R.I.P. Jani Lane."

Paul Laine: "RIP Jani Lane of Warrant."

Billboarddotcom: Sad news to report. Jani Lane, ex-Warrant singer, found dead at 47. t.co/5Xj26QW.

Kevin Shirley: "R.I.P. Jani Lane."

The Hollywood Reporter: "Jani Lane's Death: Hollywood, Fellow Musicians React: t.co/qJDg61h.

Kelly Hansen: "So very sad about the passing of Janie Lane. We came up at the same time. I'll remember his voice. My heart goes out to his family & fans."

Trixter: "R. I. P. Jani Lane..."

Bret Michaels: "We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss. Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger