Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Billy Ray Cyrus says Hannah Montana destroyed his family.

Billy Ray Cyrus


In an in-depth interview with GQ magazine, the country singer credits the Disney series for ending his 17-year marriage to wife Tish.
"The damn show destroyed my family," he says in the March issue. "I sit there and go, 'Yeah, you know what? Some gave all.' It is my motto, and guess what? I have to eat that one. I some-gave-all'd it all right. I some-gave-all'd it while everybody else was going to the bank. It's all sad."
In addition to his separation, Cyrus has dealt with his daughter, Miley, who shot to fame on the series, consistently being the public eye for such scandals as her racy Vanity Fair cover and pole-dancing at the 2009 Teen Choice Awards. Last year, he said he was "so sad" over a video of Miley hitting a bong.

"I'm scared for her. She's got a lot of people around her that's putting her in a great deal of danger," he tells the magazine. "I know she's 18, but I still feel like as her daddy, I'd like to try to help. Take care of her just a little bit, to at least get her out of danger. I want to get her sheltered from the storm. Stop the insanity just for a minute. When you go through what she's been through, it takes a beating on you."
Billy Ray Cyrus "so sad" over video of Miley hitting a bong

Cyrus, who's currently not on regular speaking terms with his daughter, draws parallels between the 18-year-old and late stars Michael Jackson, Kurt Cobain and Anna Nicole Smith. "I'm concerned about Miley. I think that [Cobain's] world was just spinning so fast and he had so many people around him that didn't help him."
Ultimately, the "Achy Breaky Heart" singer wishes Hannah Montana had never happened.
"I'd take it back in a second," he says. "For my family to be here and just everybody be okay, safe and sound, and happy and normal, would have been fantastic."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger