Sunday, June 12, 2011

Home video: Van Halen visiting child in hospital

 

 

Home video: Van Halen visiting child in hospital

Friday, 10 June 2011
This special home video from 1986 was filmed and uploaded by Dayna Steele. Here’s what she says about the video:
“I often speak about the day Van Halen went to Texas Children’s Hospital to see my friend Kevin Hendon. The biggest band in the world at the time took the time to make this young man’s eyes sparkle. We lost Kevin to Cystic Fibrosis not long after this day but the impact it had on me and the lessons I learned have continued. At a recent lunch with his Dad, Jerry Hendon, I discovered there was actually video of that day. I can’t thank Jerry and Kevin’s Mom, Ann, enough for letting me post this. The video also includes Ed Leffler, the band’s manager. Ed was my ‘godfather’ and I lost him as well several years later, this one to cancer. It took my breath away to see him smile in this video.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger