Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wylde Slates Rehab Addicts

Axeman Zakk has no time for victims and says: “It’s a one-step programme: you shut up and you stop drinking”

Zakk Wylde
No more beers: Zakk Wylde
Black Label Society mainman Zakk Wylde says he has no time for musicians who attend rehab to deal with their drink or drugs problems.
When he was told to stop using alcohol last year as a result of suffering serious blood clots in his legs, that’s just what he did: he stopped. And he says that’s the approach he expects from his band.
Wylde tells the Press of Atlantic City: “The complaint department is closed. You don’t go to rehab, you just stop drinking. That’s Black Label rehab: it’s a one-step programme. Shut up and stop drinking.
“I don’t have time for ‘I have a heroin problem,’ I don’t fucking care. I don’t care what you did yesterday or six months ago – I got shit to get done.
“We don’t dwell on the past, we get on with what has to be done – it’s a mindset all the guys in the band have.”
The former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist says he expects a strong work ethic from members of his band.
“Lions hang out with lions, dude, and they know what’s expected of them,” he explains. “They don’t need to be told to act like a lion. You either have a work ethic or you’re a lazy piece of shit.
“When I started playing guitar I was playing for ten hours a day. I still play every day and I don’t look at it like it’s a pain in the ass – I enjoy doing it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger